The main provisions of the legislation of Ukraine on employment of foreigners in Ukraine:
1) foreigners who permanently reside in Ukraine (have a permanent, unlimited residence permit);
2) foreigners who have obtained refugee status in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine or have received permission to immigrate to Ukraine;
3) foreigners who are recognized as persons who require additional protection, or who are granted temporary protection in Ukraine;
4) representatives of foreign maritime (river) fleet and airlines serving such companies on the territory of Ukraine;
5) employees of foreign mass media accredited for work in Ukraine;
6) athletes who have received professional status, artists and art workers for work in Ukraine in the specialty;
7) employees of rescue services for urgent work;
8) employees of foreign missions registered in Ukraine in the manner prescribed by the law;
9) priests who are foreigners and temporarily reside in Ukraine at the invitation of religious organizations to carry out canonical activity only in such organizations with official agreement with the Department for Religious and Ethnic Affairs;
10) foreigners who arrived in Ukraine to participate in the implementation of international technical assistance projects;
11) foreigners who have arrived in Ukraine to conduct teaching and / or scientific activities in higher education institutions at their invitation;
Question: Is the work permit the basis for obtaining a residence permit in Ukraine?
Answer: The work permit is one of the few and the simplest reasons for obtaining a temporary residence permit in Ukraine. Details on obtaining a temporary residence permit in Ukraine
Question: What is the easiest way to get a work permit?
Answer: The easiest way to obtain a work permit is to obtain a work permit for a expat foreigner who is also the founder (shareholder) of the enterprise. In addition, a simplified and preferential order exists for IT professionals.
Question: If I get a work permit in Ukraine, can I work in any organization?
Answer: No. A work permit is issued for a specific position in a particular Ukrainian company. In another position and / or at another company you will not be able to work until you receive a new work permit in Ukraine.
For example: if we get permission for you to work for Coca Cola as a programmer, you can not work with McDonald's as a programmer with this permission. To work in the company McDonald's you need to get a new work permit. However, it is possible to obtain an unlimited number of work permits: for different positions and in different LLC enterprises.
Question: Can a foreigner open (register) a new company LLC,being simultaneously a founder (participant) and a director, and after registration get a work permit?
Answer: No. You should open (register) a new company (LLC)and, before registration, appoint a director that is a citizen of Ukraine. After registration, you will be able to apply for a permit to work for the founder of the position of director or his deputy. After obtaining a work permit, it is necessary to amend the state register on the appointment of a new director .
Question: If I get a work permit, can I stay on the territory of Ukraine for more than 90 days?
Answer: No. In order for you to have the right to stay on the territory of Ukraine for a period of more than 90 days, you should apply for a temporary residence permit. Our company helps with this service.
Question: I got a work permit, now the company in which I work should pay me a minimum of UAH 60000 (10 minimum wages). If I will be paid officially less, it is something that threatens me?
Answer: If the Employment Center receives information that the salary you actually receive is less than the salary that was specified when obtaining a work permit, the work permit will be revoked.
Judging by the statistics, posted on the website of the employment centre in Kiev, the cancellation of work permits for this reason is quite frequent. Do not forget that the cancellation of the work permit leads to automatic cancellation of the temporary residence permit, which was issued on the basis of a work permit.
Any questions?. You can ask them on this page, and our lawyers will respond to you shortly.
Author: Trial lawyer - Igor Balaban